VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Remove the root part of the onion and peel the first two layers. Cut into slices with a thickness of approximately 1.5 cm, disassemble into rings and soak in water for 15 minutes. This will make the rings easier to wrap and bake better.
● Prepare 3 bowls. In the first, mix flour, ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, paprika and dried oregano. In the second bowl, mix the eggs with the milk. Fill the third bowl with breadcrumbs. Gradually wrap the onion rings in all three bowls and place them on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil.
● Before baking, spray all the rings with olive oil, too.
● Bake in two stages at a temperature of 210°C / 410°F. After a quarter of an hour, turn all the pieces, spray with olive oil again and bake for another 12-15 minutes
● Serve warm with chopped parsley, drizzled with lemon juice and yogurt dip.
● Yogurt dip: put yogurt, chopped garlic, sliced pickles, Dijon mustard, a pinch of salt, 2 tbs of olive oil, half a lemon juice and a pinch of black pepper into a blender. Mix. Store in the refrigerator and add minced spices when serving.
🛒 shopping list: ☉ onions (larger pcs) 2 pcs ☉ all purpose flour 100 g ☉ paprika powder 1 tbsp ☉ dried oregano 1 tbsp ☉ eggs 2 pcs ☉ milk 30 ml ☉ breadcrumbs 150 g ☉ olive oil 5 tbsp ☉ lemon 1 pc ☉ greek yogurt 200 ml ☉ pickles 60 g ☉ clove of garlic 1 pc ☉ dijonmustard 1 tbsp ☉ salt, black pepper, parsley
● servings: 4
● preparation time: 65 min