VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Soak the beans in water for at least 8 hours. Then rinse, start boiling in 2 litres of water. Collect the initial foam and cook for 1 hour covered.
● Melt the butter in a deeper pot and fry the finely chopped onion for 7 minutes.
● Add chopped garlic, fresh rosemary and mix for another 2 minutes.
● Add chopped celery and carrots, fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
● Season with salt (1 teaspoon), dried oregano (1 teaspoon), paprika (1 teaspoon), sugar (1 teaspoon), ground black pepper (1 teaspoon) and mix thoroughly.
● Drizzle with dry white wine (200 ml). After a few minutes, when the liquid is reduced, add the drained beans, canned tomatoes (500 g) to the pot and add 800 ml of bean broth. Cook slowly on low heat and under a lid for 30 minutes.
● Remove the rosemary from the pot and add a generous dose of chopped dill. Mix, season with salt if needed. Let chill for at least a quarter of an hour before serving.
● Croutons: cut the toast into cubes, mix it with chopped parsley and fry dry for 5 minutes in a pan with a non-stick surface. Place the croutons directly into the servings, add a tablespoon of sour cream, fresh dill and drizzle with olive oil.
☉ TRY THIS: Add grilled cheese, roasted zucchini or parmesan chips in the soup. Instead of bean broth, use vegetable broth, the taste of the soup will be even more intense.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ white beans 300 g
☉ butter 50 g
☉ onion 2 pcs
☉ garlic 5 pcs (cloves)
☉ celery 350 g
☉ carrots 3 larger pcs
☉ white dry wine 200 ml
☉ strained tomatoes 500 g
☉ sprig of rosemary 1 pc
☉ fresh dill 1 handful
☉ dried oregano 1 teaspoon
☉ paprika 1 teaspoon
☉ sugar 1 teaspoon
☉ black pepper 1 teaspoon
☉ toast bread 3 pcs
☉ parsley 1 handful
☉ olive oil, salt, sour cream
portions: 7- 8 ● preparation time: 100 min