VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Wash the mushrooms well under running water. Chop the stems and cut the upper parts into thicker slices.
● Roast the chopped stems and onions on a pan with olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the peas. Stir and fry for another 5 minutes.
● Season with a teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add water (50 ml) and cook under the lid for another 5 minutes.
● Add the juice of half a lemon, finely grated Parmesan cheese and combine everything with a potato masher or a fork.
● Roast the mushroom slices in a dry pan for 2 minutes on each side.Drizzle with soy sauce, sprinkle with sesame and as soon as the liquid in the pan reduces, set aside.
● Butter the bread from both sides and roast on a grilling pan until golden brown.
● Top the toasts with the pea mixture. Garnish with roasted mushrooms.
TRY THIS: spread some garlic on toast after roasting. When serving, try to add to the pea toasts some fruit balsamic vinegar. If you like spicy food, mix a pinch of wasabi with peas.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ frozen peas 200 g
☉ scallions 2 pcs
☉ olive oil 2 tbsp
☉ 1/2 lemon 1/2 pc
☉ parmesan 35 g
☉ mushrooms 2 pcs (larger)
☉ butter 40 g
☉ bread, baguette 4 slices
☉ soy sauce 1 tbsp
☉ salt, black pepper, sesame
● serves: 4 ● preparation time: 25 min