● Cut down the base of the washed corn in the lower part for stability and gradually separate the kernels from all sides by vertical cuts. Keep the leftovers (ears) for later.
● In a larger pot in olive oil, fry the sliced onion for 3 minutes.
● Then add the corn kernels and continue for another 10 minutes, stirring continuously. Finally, take out a few tablespoons of corn for the final serving.
● Sprinkle with turmeric, add chopped garlic and grated ginger and mix on a very low flame.
● Add boiling water (1,100 ml) over everything. Add cleaned and sliced sweet potato, the shaved ears of corn and cook under the lid for 20 minutes.
● After cooking, remove the corn cobs/ears. Season with a tablespoon of salt and a pinch of pepper. Blend the soup smoothly with a mixer and finally stir in a handful of chopped parsley.
● Put a rich dose of yogurt or unflavored whipped cream in each serving, sprinkle with sliced chili, chopped parsley and garnish with roasted corn kernels.
TRY THIS: Instead of water, you can add your favorite broth, the taste will be even more intense. Be sure not to miss yogurt or cream, they will give the slightly sweet soup a lovely creamy taste. You can also achieve this by adding coconut milk with, just give the soup a short boil after doing so.
🍽 4-6 ⏱ 40 MIN
🛒 SHOPPING LIST:
☉ corn 3 pcs
☉ onion 1 pc
☉ garlic (cloves) 2 pcs
☉ fresh grated ginger 1 tbsp
☉ sweet potato 1 pc (approx. 270 g)
☉ olive oil 4 tbsp
☉ turmeric 1 teaspoon
☉ water 1100 ml
☉ salt 1 teaspoon
☉ Parsley, pepper, chili
☉ yogurt / cream 400 g