VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Soak the dried beans in water for at least 6 hours or during the night. Drain, rinse and cook in a pot of water until soft (about 1 hour).
● Drain the cooked beans and let them cool down. You can also use canned or boiled beans (590 g)
● Place the cooled beans in a food processor. Add salt (1 teaspoon), olive oil (4 tbsp) and mix into a smooth porridge.
● Add eggs and coarsely grated mozzarella into the bean mash. Finally, add chopped parsley and baking soda (1 tbsp).
● Pour the dough into a baking dish (diameter 27 cm) greased with oil and sprinkled with breadcrumbs. Level the surface with a spatula, sprinkle with black pepper and bake in an oven at 190 °C for about 40 minutes.
TRY THIS: You can replace mozzarella with full-fat cottage cheese and add any herbs into the dough, or upgrade the pie with chopped dried olives. Before baking, garnish the top of the pie with tomatoes, zucchini rolls or onions, or sprinkle with grated cheese. Add cream dip, hummus, tartar sauce or pickles to the table.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ dried white beans 250 g (or 590 g canned)
☉ olive oil 5 tbsp
☉ salt 1 teaspoon
☉ mozzarella 230 g
☉ eggs 4 pcs
☉ baking soda 1 tbsp
☉ breadcrumbs 2 tbsp
☉ parsley 1 handful
☉ black pepper, vegetables for garnish
● portions: one cake / 8-12 pcs ● time: 45 min (+ pre-cooking of beans)