VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
🍽 12 pcs ⏱ 40 MIN + baking 50 min
🛒 SHOPPING LIST:
☉ apples 1 kg (4 large apples)
☉ all purpose flour 380 g
☉ baking powder 1 tbsp
☉ eggs 1 pc
☉ butter 120 g
☉ cinnamon 2 teaspoons
☉ honey 2 tbsp
☉ lemon 1 pc
☉ maple syrup 2 tbsp + for decoration
☉ sugar 2 tbsp
☉ breadcrumbs 5 tbsp
● In a smaller pot, combine the juice of one lemon and 100 ml of water. Cut the apples, free of stems and kernels, into cubes and immediately mix with the dressing. This will keep their color fresh. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes. Then drain and let cool.
● Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs to the chilled apples.
● Prepare the dough from sifted flour to which we add a tablespoon of baking powder, a pinch of salt, eggs, softened butter (100 g), two tablespoons of honey, a teaspoon of cinnamon and 50 ml of water. Mix the dough manually, wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge for half an hour (it can be stored in the fridge even a day in advance).
● Sprinkle the porcelain cake tin (diameter 30 cm) with the rest of the butter (20 g) and cover with the rest of the breadcrumbs (2 tbsp).
● Roughly grate the dough and place two thirds on the bottom and edges of the baking tin. Using the lower part of the cup, press the dough evenly and press the edges with your fingers. Fill with chilled apple filling, level and lightly and evenly sprinkle with the last third of the grated dough. Do not press the upper part.
● Bake for 45-50 minutes at 180 °C. After cooling, sprinkle the cake with the rest of the cinnamon (1 teaspoon) and pour a portion of maple syrup over each portion.
NOTES: At first glance, the cake looks like a crumble and the slices hold their shape perfectly after cooling. Thanks to the lemon juice, the apples will keep a fresh color, for a more beautiful contrast, use red apples with their skins. Refresh your serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.