(PLS TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES)
○ Cut the washed and seeded pumpkin into small cubes, mix with olive oil (2 tablespoons), grated nutmeg, a pinch of black pepper and a teaspoon of salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes in an oven heated to 180 °C in hot air mode.
○ After baking, take a quarter of the baked pumpkin, combine with boiling water (500 ml) in a pot, blend and keep hot on a very low flame. Set the rest of the pumpkin aside.
○ Fry the finely chopped shallot in the remaining olive oil (2 Tbsp) in a pan or pot. After 5 minutes, add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to heat the rice sufficiently. Add wine (100 ml) and stir until the rice absorbs all the liquid.
○ Gradually pour in the hot pumpkin cream and continue mixing for another 16-20 minutes. Add the liquid in doses, only when the rice has absorbed the previous dose. Before the last spoon, also stir in pieces of roasted pumpkin into the pot (a few pieces will be set aside for decoration) and a handful of parsley. If necessary, add a ladle of boiling water.
○ Remove from heat source, add butter (20 g) and half of grated Parmesan cheese (20 g). If necessary, add salt at the end. Mix and let stand for a while.
○ Sprinkle the individual portions with the rest of the grated parmesan cheese and pieces of baked pumpkin.
NOTES: Pumpkin risotto will immediately impress you with its distinctive color and delicate, sweet taste. Do not hesitate to add chili or other spicy ingredients to the base. If necessary, the pumpkin cream can be diluted with hot water at the end of cooking.
🍽 3 ⏱ 50 MIN
🛒 SHOPPING LIST:
☉ smaller Hokkaido pumpkin 1,100 g (800 g after cleaning)
☉ Arborio rice 250 g
☉ shallot 1 pc g
☉ white wine 100 ml
☉ olive oil 4 tbsp
☉ parmesan cheese 40 g
☉ butter 20 g
☉ salt, ground black pepper
☉ nutmeg 1/2 pc