VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices (2-3 mm) in a food processor or on a mandolin. Combine the slices in a bowl with olive oil (2 tbsp).
● Grease a cake tin/form (diameter 28 cm) with oil, sprinkle with half the breadcrumbs and line with slices of potatoes. First, place some half broken potato slices around the perimeter of the tin so that they form edges and continue in a spiral towards the center of the tin. Gently salt, sprinkle with the rest of the breadcrumbs and place in an oven at 190 °C for 25 minutes.
● Disassemble the cauliflower into portions, wash and place in a pot with boiling water and a teaspoon of salt for 10 minutes. Drain and allow to cool partially.
● Mix the eggs in a deeper bowl together with grated or crashed garlic, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Then combine the egg mixture with Greek yogurt. Disassemble the cauliflower into smaller parts, immerse it in the liquid, add half of the grated cheese and mix lightly.
● Evenly place the soaked pieces of cauliflower in the tin with pre-baked potatoes and finally pour the remaining dressing from the bowl. Dust the surface with paprika, cover with the rest of the cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes in an oven at 190 °C.
● After baking, let cool for 15-20 minutes before opening the cake form. Cut and serve with fresh salad or pickled vegetables.
TRY THIS: Melted cheddar gives the food not only color and taste but also a fine consistency. However, you can substitute it with another cheese, try using smoked cheese rolls, for example! Add your favorite herbs or spices or sour cream to your yogurt dressing. Baked cauliflower can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it tastes great even when cold and keeps its shape well after cooling.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ cauliflower 1 pc (medium or smaller piece)
☉ potatoes 450 g
☉ garlic 4 pcs (cloves)
☉ olive oil 2 tbsp + to grease the tin
☉ breadcrumbs 3 tbsp
☉ cheddar cheese 100 g
☉ eggs 3 pcs
☉ Greek yogurt 450 g
☉ paprika 1 teaspoon
☉ salt, pepper
● serves: 4-6 ● preparation time: 70 min