VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
🛒 Shopping list:
☉ celery (root) 1 pc (approx. 620 g after cleaning)
☉ apples 2 pcs
☉ onion 2 pcs
☉ garlic (cloves) 2 pcs
☉ potatoes 1 pc (approx. 300 g)
☉ butter 20 g
☉ olive oil 3 tbsp
☉ cumin 1 teaspoon
☉ salt, black pepper, whipping cream, croutons / pastries
🍽 10-12 ⏱ 50 MIN
● Finely chop the onion.
● Heat olive oil (3 tbsp) combined with butter (20 g) in a larger pot. Add sliced onion and fry for 5 minutes. Then add sliced garlic, crushed cumin (1 teaspoon), salt (1 tbsp) and a pinch of black pepper. Stir for another minute.
● Clean the celery and the potatoes and roughly grate them. Also grate apples with their skins. Add everything to the pot. Roast and stir for 10 minutes.
● Add water (1200 ml), close the pot with a lid and cook on a low intensity for half an hour.
● After cooking, mix everything with an immersion mixer/blender and, for a creamier consistency, pass through a thick sieve.
● Decorate the servings with a spoon of whipped cream without sugar, croutons, black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Also add herbs, fresh sprouts or pastries.
Notes: Aromatic celery and the sweet taste of apples create a delicious combination of warm and creamy soup. You can also add the heavy cream directly to the mixed soup and then boil it for a short time. Do not hesitate to use balsamic vinegar, pumpkin, sesame, avocado or other more distinctive types of oils for finishing touch.