VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Cut the eggplants in half and place them (cut side up) in a baking dish. Brush the tops with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes in an oven at 190 ° C. Let cool.
● Remove the baked and cooled eggplant from the skins and transfer the pulp to a food processor. Add two cloves of garlic, half a lemon juice and a pinch of ground cumin. Mix until smooth.
● Finally, add two tablespoons of Tahini (sesame paste according to the recipe: https://youtu.be/GI5zaGtfoMQ ), a pinch of salt and combine.
● Spread the Baba Ganoush on a plate, pour olive oil over it and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Add sesame, poppy seeds or chilli on top.
TRY THIS: Eggplant spread Baba Ganoush is suitable as mezze, starter or appetizer. Serve with crispy toasts, chips, vegetable salad, olives or just quickly bake a sliced tortilla with some paprika and olive oil in your oven.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ eggplant 2 pcs
☉ olive oil 1 tbsp + for serving
☉ lemon 1/2 pc
☉ garlic 2 pcs (cloves)
☉ sesame paste Tahini 2 tbsp
☉ cumin, salt, parsley
● portions: 1 ● preparation time: 50 min