VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
🛒 Shopping list:
☉ larger white and red onion 220 g / 2 pcs
☉ garlic 2 cloves
☉ olive oil 3 tbsp
☉ eggs 3 pcs
☉ gouda cheese 50 g / 2 thicker slices
☉ parsley 1 handful
☉ fresh mint 1 handful
☉ frozen green peas 350 g
☉ butter 50 g
☉ coconut milk 2 tbsp
☉ lemon 1/2 pc
☉ salt, black pepper, turmeric
🍽 2 ⏱ 15 MIN
● Boil the peas in a pot for 10 minutes and then drain.
● While still hot, mix with butter, chopped mint leaves, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of coconut milk. Blend with an immersion mixer or in a food processor. Finally, season with salt as needed.
● While the peas are cooking, prepare an omelette: fry the sliced onions and garlic in a pan in olive oil (3 tbsp) and stir occasionally so that the onions are evenly roasted. After 8-9 minutes, season with a pinch of salt, ground black pepper and a pinch of turmeric. Stir and pour the whisked eggs, combined with a pinch of salt in advance. Sprinkle the surface with finely chopped parsley, cover one half with cheese and close the pan with a lid.
● Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
● Then fold the omelette in half, divide it into two parts and bake for 1-2 minutes on each side in the uncovered pan. Press a few times with a spatula.
● Spread the pea puree on a plate and add a portion of omelette. Also add dried chili, ground pepper, mint leaves for garnish and a slice of lemon.
TRY THIS: pea puree has a slightly sweet taste and in combination with roasted onions and lemon juice will pleasantly surprise you. It is a refreshing and light taste, so you can use the omelette with pea puree not only as breakfast or light dinner, but also as an appetizer. Add a slice of fresh bread or crispy pastry to the serving.