VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Cut the kernel free pears into smaller cubes.
● Melt the butter in a pan. Clean the ginger, grate it finely and add it to the butter. Stir at a moderate intensity for about three minutes. The ginger warms up, softens and releases the aroma and taste to the butter.
● Add honey and stir for another 2-3 minutes until the whole base changes to a golden bubbling foam. It is important to avoid overheating.
● Sprinkle the base with a teaspoon of cinnamon, mix and immediately add the sliced pears to the pan. Thoroughly mix everything together, cover with a lid and simmer. It may take 10 to 20 minutes, but the time is only indicative, depending on the hardness of the pears. Softer pears just need light steaming.
● Allow the pears to cool partially and then drain and allow to cool.
● Fill wider glasses or dessert bowls alternately with a layer of chilled pears and a layer of thick Greek yogurt. Keep a few pieces of pears for final decoration. Level the surface of the filled cups, pour over the cooled and strained sauce from the cooked pears and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
● Before serving, sprinkle with ground or grated cashew nuts and garnish with pieces of pears. Store in a cool place.
TRY THIS: Instead of pears, use peaches, apricots or apples and then adjust the cooking time accordingly. Add some crushed biscuits to the bottom of the cups. You can replace the butter with coconut oil.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ pears 4 pcs
☉ butter 30 g
☉ honey 90 g
☉ fresh ginger 40 g
☉ cinnamon 1 tsp
☉ Greek-type yoghurt 700 g
☉ cashew nuts 15 g
● portions: 4 ● cooking time: 30-40 min (+ cooling)