VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Remove thicker outer leaves of the cauliflower. Use the smaller and finer ones, cut them into smaller pieces, combine with the thicker central parts of the cauliflower. Disassemble the rest of the cauliflower manually into smaller parts. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
● In a deeper pot, bring water to a boil with a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of vinegar. First, put sliced thicker parts and leaves into the boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes. Then add smaller cauliflower tops and cook together for another 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
● In a small pan, roast dry the cumin (1 teaspoon) and black pepper (1 teaspoon) for 3-4 minutes. Transfer the heated spices to a stone mortar and grind them to a powder. Add paprika (1 teaspoon), turmeric (1 teaspoon), salt (1 teaspoon), combine and set aside.
● Melt the butter in a larger and deeper pan and fry the chopped onions and chopped garlic on it for 3 minutes. Dust with the prepared mixture of spices, fry briefly and immediately add boiled cauliflower with leaves. Stir continuously for 7-8 minutes.
● Finally, drizzle with the juice of half a lemon. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs (3 tbsp) and finely grated Parmesan (2 tbsp). Mix to soak up all the liquid, add the parsley and serve immediately. Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan on individualy while serving. Drizzle with olive oil.
☉ TIP: Cauliflower pan tastes great with fluffy mashed potatoes. Top it up with a spoonful of yogurt, fresh herbs or fermented vegetables or pickles.
☉ smaller cauliflower 1 pc (up to 500 g)
☉ vinegar 1 tbsp
☉ butter 40 g
☉ garlic 2 pcs (cloves)
☉ spring onion 2 pcs
☉ rasca whole 1 teaspoon
☉ whole black pepper 1 teaspoon
☉ turmeric 1 teaspoon
☉ paprika 1 teaspoon
☉ lemon 1/2 pc
☉ breadcrumbs 3 tbsp
☉ grated parmesan 60 g
☉ parsley, salt, olive oil (+ mashed potatoes as a side dish)
preparation time: 25 min