VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Bring the almond drink to the boiling point and remove it from the heat source. Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon and infuse a bag of Earl Grey black tea in it for 10 minutes. Then strain everything and let it cool to room temperature.
● Transfer the cooled liquid to a sealable cup/jar. Add a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of maple syrup and stir thoroughly.
● Pour chia seeds into the jar, close and shake the contents repeatedly. Leave on for about an hour until the seeds soak and the contents of the jar get a visibly thicker consistency. Meanwhile shake the jar a few times. Repeated shaking prevents „clumping“ of chia seeds.
● In the meantime, clean and cut the bananas into smaller parts. Immediately combine them with half a lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey. Then add oats (50 g) and divide the mixture into four dessert cups. Thoroughly compress the layer with a spoon or the bottom of a smaller glass to expel the excess air.
● Pour the fluid mixture from the jar over the banana layer and sprinkle the surface of each portion with grated chocolate. Put in the refrigerator for at least a few hours, ideally until the next day, so that the dessert acquires its consistency and taste.
TRY THIS: The almond dessert with chia seeds and banana is not very sweet and tastes fresh, light. If you are a lover of more hearty desserts, add cream, sugar or mascarpone. Instead of a banana base, you can also use crushed biscuits, gingerbread or granola. And try replacing the decorative chocolate layer with caramel.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ almond drink 500 ml
☉ chia seeds 50 g
☉ Ear Grey tea bag 1 pc
☉ ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
☉ honey 2 tbsp
☉ maple syrup 1 tbsp
☉ bananas 2 pcs
☉ lemon 1/2 pc
☉ oatmeal 50 g
☉ chocolate 40 g
● serves: 4 ● cooking time: 40 min + cooling and soaking