VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● In a cup, mix a tablespoon of flour, dried yeast, sugar and a few tablespoons of warm water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
● Add the contents of the cup, a teaspoon of salt, softened butter to the sifted flour and gradually add warm water (270 ml). Mix by wooden spoon or by hand until a compact dough is obtained, approximately 8-10 minutes. Dust with flour, cover it and let it rise for half an hour, until it obtains twice the volume.
● Carefully spread the dough on a floured board, should be approximately 3-4 cm (the thicker the dough, the higher the buns will be). Cut a bun out of the dough with a round mold or a glass with a floured edge (diameter 6.5 cm). Combine the cuttings in the end and again repeat the procedure until all the dough is used.
● Bring 1.5 l of water to a boil in a narrower and higher pot. Add 80 g of baking soda and gradually boil all the buns in water. Cook each for only about 20 seconds and don’ t forget to flip it.
● Place boiled buns on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with some salt, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, cheese or cumin and bake in a preheated oven for 11-13 minutes at 210 ° C. After baking, let it cool on the grill.
TRY THIS: You can also make buns of smaller or larger dimensions from this basic dough, but adjust the baking time and intensity accordingly. You can also prepare traditional boiled pretzels from the dough. They taste great as breakfast pastry, try them with butter and homemade jam, or fill them with veggies and cheese like sandwiches. At the end of baking, you can smear them with eggs or melted butter, they will have a more intense taste and color.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ all purpose flour 420 g + for dusting
☉ dried yeast 8 g
☉ water 270 ml
☉ sugar 1 tbsp
☉ salt 1 teaspoon
☉ butter 30 g
☉ baking soda 80 g / 1.5 l of water
☉ poppy seeds, cumin, pumpkin seeds, cheese, salt
● servings: 14-15 pcs ● preparation time: 70 min