VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Place the washed peppers and garlic cloves (unpeeled) in a baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes in an oven at 200 °C. Turn the peppers halfway through baking.
● After the peppers have partially cooled, remove the kernels and skins. Squeeze the baked garlic from the skin and mix with the peeled pepper. Cut the mixture into smaller pieces and mash with a fork.
● Put pepper shells and kernels in a smaller pot with vegetable broth and cook together for a short time, thanks to which the taste of the peppers will be even more intense in the risotto.
● In a deeper pot with olive oil (4 tbsp), fry the finely chopped onion. After 3-4 minutes, add the rice into the pot and stir at a moderate flame for about 2 minutes until the rice is sufficiently warmed.
● Drizzle with white wine and stir until the rice soaks in all the liquid. Then repeatedly add hot broth after one scoop and mix constantly. Always add the broth only when the rice soaks up the previous batch. Repeat for another 20-23 minutes on a low flame, stirring constantly. If the broth is not enough, finally add a scoop of boiling water.
● In the final phase, add the pepper-garlic mixture, a teaspoon of salt, butter, finely grated Parmesan cheese and chopped basil and parsley. Don’t cook anymore. Let it stand for another 5-10 minutes before serving and then mix thoroughly.
● Season the individual portions with some pepper, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with herbs.
TRY THIS: You can bake peppers with garlic the day before and you will have the risotto ready in half an hour! Use any favorite broth, it can be perfectly replaced by boiled chickpea water! If necessary, add salt to the risotto at the end of cooking, it is also better to use unsalted broth.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ green pepper 5 pcs
☉ garlic 4 pcs (cloves)
☉ onion 1 pc
☉ round grain rice 500 g (best arborio)
☉ vegetable broth 800 ml
☉ dry white wine 250 ml
☉ Parmesan cheese 50g + for serving
☉ butter 40 g
☉ olive oil 4 tbsp
☉ salt, basil, parsley, pepper
● servings: 4 ● preparation time: 70 min