VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Separate the root parts of the beetroot from the leaves and scrub thoroughly with a brush under running water. Cut into quarters and place in a baking dish or on a baking sheet.
● Add the onion cut into larger pieces, sliced spring onions, garlic and carrots cut into thinner sticks. Add a tablespoon of honey, vinegar, three tablespoons of oil, dried oregano, salt (1 teaspoon) and a pinch of ground black pepper. Mix thoroughly and place in an oven at 210 °C for 40-45 minutes.
● After baking, let it rest for a while, season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
● Prepare the washed leaves and stems separately.
● In a deeper pan in olive oil (2 tbsp), fry the chopped garlic clove for two minutes at a moderate intensity.
● First, add only sliced stems. Roast for 5 minutes and then season with salt (1 teaspoon) and a pinch of black pepper. Then put sliced leaves into the pan, mix the entire contents for another 5 minutes. In the end, season with the juice of half a lemon and let it rest for a few minutes under the lid without cooking.
● Serve the baked beetroot together with warm salad with a dose of creamy yogurt or sour cream and some fresh parsley or bread.
☉ TRY THIS: you can also use the salad separately as a side dish or even as a filling for various savory cakes and strudels. It also tastes great with pasta and Asian sauces. Top up the roasted beetroot with sheep’s or goat’s cheese and walnuts.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ fresh beetroot (smaller pieces) 3-4 pcs
☉ carrots 3-4 pcs
☉ spring onion 3 pcs
☉ garlic 3 pcs (cloves)
☉ red onion 1 pc
☉ olive oil 5 tbsp (+ for flavoring)
☉ honey 1 tbsp
☉ vinegar 1 tbsp
☉ lemon 1/2 pc
☉ dried oregano 1 tsp
☉ salt, ground black pepper, parsley, bread, white creamy yogurt
● serves: 2-3 ● preparation time: 50 min