VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
🛒 Shopping list:
☉ jasmine rice 200 g
☉ young spinach 200 g
☉ onion 1 pc
☉ garlic (cloves) 2 pcs
☉ olive oil 3 tbsp
☉ oyster mushrooms 400 g
☉ lemon 1 pc
☉ salt, black pepper
🍽 4 ⏱ 50 MIN (including baking)
● Finely cut the cleaned onion.
● In a deep frying pan (choose a metal frying pan suitable for baking in the oven), heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and fry for 5 minutes the sliced onion.
● Add chopped garlic, a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of black pepper and stir for another minute.
● In the meantime, heat the oven to 200 °C.
● Cut the mushrooms into thin noodles and add to the ingredients in the pan. Roast and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes until most of the liquid released from the mushrooms has evaporated.
● Add spinach sliced into thin noodles and stir for another two minutes.
● Finally, add the rice to the pan. Mix thoroughly, pour water (800 ml) and transfer the pan to a heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 200 °C. After baking, leave the pan for another 10 minutes in the oven with the door ajar.
● After baking, add juice of one lemon, mix lightly with a fork and season with salt if necessary.
● Served as a main course with fresh vegetable salad and lemon slice. Baked rice is also suitable as a side dish or mezze.
NOTES: Baked rice with oyster mushroom and spinach is an example of a rich and tasty “one-pot main dish”, which also looks like more liquid Italian risotto, even without the use of butter, wine, broth or Parmesan cheese and the time spent mixing.