VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Squeeze the sauerkraut in the palms, remove the excess juice and transfer to a salad bowl.
● Add a chopped handful of parsley, grated or crushed garlic cloves, half a tablespoon of mustard, finely chopped spring onions, sliced chili pepper, a pinch of salt, black pepper and a tablespoon of olive oil. Combine everything together, then add two eggs into the batter.
● Finally, mix in 50 g of flour (semolina type) and let it stand for a while.
● Gradually bake smaller pancakes in a pan with two tablespoons of oil, a large spoon of dough will be enough for each piece, carefully push to the sides during baking in the pan. Bake for 3-4 minutes on each side. If necessary, add some oil.
● Repeat the procedure until the prepared dough is used.
● Serve with pickles, herb yogurt or salad.
TRY THIS: Sauerkraut pancakes are slightly spicy, have a strong taste and still remain light and soft. Unlike potato pancakes, they are more suitable for a snack or appetizer. In larger quantities, however, they serve just as well as a lighter dinner or main dish. Try them with cheese dip too! Use salt carefully, just to adjust the salinity of sauerkraut.
🛒 shopping list: ☉ sauerkraut 250 g (pure weight with no liquid) ☉ garlic 3 pcs (cloves) ☉ semolina flour 50 g ☉ parsley 1 handful ☉ spring onions 3 pcs ☉ eggs 2 pcs ☉ Dijon mustard 1/2 tbsp ☉ spicy pepper 1 pc ☉ olive oil 3-4 tbsp ☉ salt, pepper, (pickles)
● serves: 12-13 pancakes ● preparation time: 25 min