VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
🛒 Shopping list:
☉ leek 2 pcs
☉ chili pepper 1 pc
☉ garlic 2 cloves
☉ olive oil 3 tbsp
☉ lemon 1/2 pc
☉ sheep cheese 170 g
☉ salt, black pepper, paprika
☉ for garnish: pickles, cucumbers, boiled eggs
☉ pastry, toast
🍽 340 g spread ⏱ 20 MIN
● Remove the roots and damaged leaves, wash and slicethe leeks. Then rinse again under running water, remove any hidden dirt between the layers and dry in a cloth.
● Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a pan, fry the sliced garlic, chili pepper and a pinch of black pepper briefly. Stir on low heat for about a minute to infuse the oil with some taste and aroma.
● Add sliced leek to the pan. Stir and roast for about 15 mins until the leek visibly acquires a toasted color, caramelizes and becomes smooth. Transfer to a cold container and allow to cool completely.
● Put the cooled leeks in a food processor, add a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of lemon juice and mix. If necessary, stop the mixer and combine with a spatula towards the center.
● Finally, add the cheese, mix again and season with salt as needed.
● Layer the spread generously on toasted toast or pastry. Sprinkle with paprika (try to use ground smoked paprika) and garnish with fresh or pickled vegetables, boiled eggs.
TRY THIS: Store the spread in the fridge to get even more intense taste, transfer it to a sealable container and cover the surface with a layer of olive oil. Combine with crackers or canapés, mix it with cooked pasta or dilute it with sour cream and you will get an aromatic dip with vegetable or tortilla chips.