VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Sift the flours and the soda into a bowl. Add finely chopped rosemary, finely grated Parmesan cheese, softened butter cubes, yogurt, a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of cold water. Manually create a fine dough. .
● Shape the finished dough into a cylinder with a diameter of about 4-4.5 cm and wrap it in foil. Put in the freezer for half an hour.
● Unwrap the hard dough and carefully cut it into thin slices (ideally 4-5 mm) with a sharp knife. Press each piece with a round potato slicer or a grid, which creates a regular effect on the surface of each cracker (or use the top of the slicer for boiled eggs).
● Move the crackers to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. During baking, they still gain in volume, so place them at a sufficient distance from each other (the dough from the batch will cover two sheets). Sprinkle the surface with olive oil and coarse salt.
● Bake for 19-20 minutes in a heated oven at 180 °C. Adjust the time to the thickness of the crackers or oven properties.
● After baking, let the crackers cool on the grill to dry and get crispy. After cooling, store in an airtight container or jar.
TRY THIS: Serve rosemary crackers as a snack, add them to your party table or enjoy them with a glass of wine. They are easy to be packed and have them on the go. You can also use crackers as a base for fingerfood or combine them with various dips or soups.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ all purpose flour 100 g
☉ semolina type flour 100 g
☉ parmesan 50 g
☉ fresh rosemary 2 smaller branches
☉ baking soda 1 teaspoon
☉ Greek yogurt 70 g
☉ butter 40 g
☉ water, salt, pepper, olive oil, crude salt
● serves: approx. 28-32 pcs ● preparation time: 40 min (+30 min cooling)