VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Cut the peeled potatoes into small cubes. Add breadcrumbs (1 tbsp), corn starch (1 tbsp) and paprika (1 teaspoon). Mix and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 190 ° C. Then sprinkle with olive oil and put in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. After baking, season with salt. Baking time should be adapted to the size and variety of potatoes.
● In a pot in olive oil (2 tbsp), fry the chopped onion. After 5 minutes, add sliced garlic, a pinch of pepper and mix for another 2 minutes.
● Add chopped spinach leaves to the pot and stir until the volume of spinach is reduced to about a third. And then simmer slowly under the lid for 8-10 minutes.
● Add crushed feta cheese to the cooked spinach. stir and let stand for another 5 minutes. Finally, combine everything with a mixer or blender.
● Serve the creamy spinach in the form of a thicker sauce or. mash with a portion of roasted potatoes, supplement with roasted or boiled soft-boiled eggs.
TRY THIS: After mixing, you can dilute the final consistency of the spinach by adding water and boiling briefly. Or thicken with a larger portion of cheese. It also combines well with sour cream. Instead of feta cheese, bryndza (slovak cheep cheese) can be used. Try to season the potatoes with smoked paprika before baking.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ fresh spinach 320 g
☉ onion 1 pc
☉ garlic 3 pcs (cloves)
☉ feta cheese 140 g
☉ potatoes 530 g (approx. 3 pcs)
☉ breadcrumbs 1 tbsp
☉ corn starch 1 tbsp
☉ paprika 1 teaspoon
☉ olive oil 2 tbsp
☉ eggs 2 pcs
☉ salt, pepper
● serves: 2 ● preparation time: 30 min