VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
🛒 Shopping list:
☉ long baguette 1 pc (length approx. 60 cm)
☉ garlic 4 pcs
☉ butter 70g
☉ olive oil 1 tbsp
☉ sliced gouda cheese 8 pcs (approx. 160 g)
☉ dried oregano
☉ black pepper
☉ chili pepper 1 pc
☉ cherry tomatoes 10 pcs
☉ spring onions 2 pcs
🍽 2 servings / 4 pcs ⏱ 17 MIN
● Cut the baguette into halves, then cut lengthwise to obtain four identical pieces.
● Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
● Mix finely chopped garlic with softened butter. Add a pinch of salt and chopped chili pepper. Spread the resulting spread on the cut surface of each baguette.
● Sprinkle with sliced onions (set aside a bit for garnish), cover with torn slices of cheese and press firmly.
● Cut cherry tomatoes into slices and place on a cheeae layer. Press evenly. Add salt, sprinkle with black pepper and dried oregano.
● Transfer the baguettes to a baking dish or to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Transfer to a preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes at a temperature of 220 ° C (at the end of baking, it is best to grill or bake from above).
● After baking, gently press the tomatoes with a fork, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with onion and let it stand for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm.
NOTES: Baked baguettes resemble a combination of garlic toasts and savory Italian pastry. Enjoy them for a weekend breakfast, an afternoon snack or a quick dinner. Try cutting the baguettes into smaller pieces before baking and you will get a useful party snack or baked canapes.