VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Cut one head of garlic horizontally in half. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes in an oven at 220 °C. Then open the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes at 200 °C.
● In a deeper pot with olive oil (5 tbsp), fry the sliced onion. After 5 minutes, add the dried thyme and cleaned, coarsely chopped cloves from the second head of garlic. Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes.
● Add grated potatoes, a pinch of black pepper and a tablespoon of salt to the pot. Combine everything thoroughly. Pour boiling water (1.5 l) and cook under the lid for 25 minutes.
● Squeeze the baked garlic from it’s cover and add it directly to the soup after cooking. Mix everything together with a blender.
● Add finely chopped spring onions and a handful of parsley into the smooth soup, season with salt or pepper as needed.
● Serve with toast and grated Parmesan cheese directly into the portion.
TRY THIS: Add a tablespoon of bryndza (shep cheese) and fresh chives or dill directly to the finished soup. Mixed potatoes thicken the soup and ensure a creamier consistency, but you can also add heavy cream or yogurt. Or alternate toasted toasts with croutons.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ garlic (whole heads) 2 pcs
☉ potatoes 750 g
☉ olive oil 5 tbsp + for topping
☉ larger onion 1 pc
☉ dried thyme 1/2 tbsp
☉ spring onions 3 pcs
☉ parmesan 70 g
☉ salt, spices, bread/ toast / croutons
● serves: 6-7 ● preparation time: 60 min