VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
🍽 2 ⏱ 40 MIN 🛒 SHOPPING LIST:
☉ smaller young potatoes 500 g
☉ scallions 4 pcs
☉ ghee 2 tbsp
☉ Dijon mustard 1 tbsp
☉ salt, black pepper
☉ olive oil 1 tbsp
☉ lemon 1 pc
● Wash the potatoes in their skins with a brush and put them in a pot of boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain, dry and allow to partially cool. Then cut each potato in half.
● In a pan, heat the ghee and place all the potatoes, cut down. Cover with a lid and bake on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until the potatoes at the bottom acquire a golden to brown roasted surface.
● Then turn the potatoes upside down, close the pan with a lid and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
● Meanwhile, mix olive oil (1 tbsp), Dijon mustard (1 tbsp) and lemon skin (1 tbsp) in a bowl. Chop the scallions into thicker slices (save some for decoration) and mix them with the prepared dressing.
● Put the onions next to the baked potatoes in the middle of the pan and roast together for another 2-3 minutes at a low intensity. Try not not stir the potatoes, just lightly fry the onions in the middle of the pan so that the potatoes remain intact and at the same time acquire the taste of onion dressing. In the end combine everything together.
● Season with coarse salt and black pepper and add finely chopped scallions to each serving.
NOTES: Use baked potatoes with scallions as a single easy dish. Their intense taste can be further enhanced by a portion of cottage cheese, hard cheese, herb dip or a glass of kefir or goat‘ milk. Or serve them as an outstanding side dish, too.