VIDEO: PLEASE TURN ON ENGLISH SUBTITLES
● Soak the cashew nuts at east 45 minutes in hot water. (Or let them soak the day before for 12 hours in cold water.)
● Boil potatoes with their skins until soft in a pot of water (approx. 15-20 minutes or until softened according to size). After cooking, stop the softening by placing them in a container with ice cold water. After cooling, peel and cut into small cubes or “fries” shapes.
● Boil the peas in water for 10 minutes. Then drain and rinse with cold water.
● Place the sliced boiled potatoes in a deeper bowl, season with a teaspoon of salt, a pinch of black pepper and mix lightly. Add chilled and drained green peas, finely chopped onions and pickles.
● Drain the soaked cashew nuts and rinse thoroughly. Transfer to a food processor, add mustard, a teaspoon of salt and lime juice. Mix and at the same time add 80 ml of cold water. Stop the mixer continuously and mix with a spatula. Repeat and stop until a soft and creamy consistency is reached.
● Add the mayonnaise to the other ingredientd in the bowl, combine carefully and lightly. Season with salt or pepper as needed and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The salad acquires its final taste after a few hours, when all the tastes are combined.
TRY THIS: Cashew sauce / mayonnaise is a vegan substitute for mayonnaise and can be used in most recipes requiring regular mayonnaise. Try using it as a dip or topping in various salads.
🛒 shopping list:
☉ potatoes 650 g
☉ frozen peas 350 g
☉ spring onion 3 pcs
☉ pickles 30 g
☉ Cashew nuts 100 g
☉ lime 1 pc
☉ Dijon mustard 1 tbsp
☉ salt, pepper, water
● serves: 4 ● preparation time: 50 min